Dragonflies and Butterflies


Let's take a quick look at some of the lovely things that happened today:

  1. When I walked through one of the main fields of campus today, I noticed a plethora of dragonflies zipping along above me!  As I continued my walk to the dining hall, I entered a small grove of mango trees and watched clusters of butterflies drift from plant to plant.  It's silly that I can be so scared of the tiny, harmless beetles, yet I'm completely calm with dragonflies and butterflies.  Looks like I need to stop judging bugs based on appearance :/
  2. Our little UKG (Kindergarten) class is ADORABLE!  They are so attentive to the movement we do in class, and their teacher does a fabulous job translating for us.  Today we focused on the life skill of control, and we had a splendid time learning about the different parts of our bodies.  At one point we practiced "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" (<-- is that the official name of it??  If so, that's a long title, haha), and the children started catching onto the names of the various body types in English.  I adore these little ones :)  (Pictured above is our littlest dude on campus-- Alfred.  He's one of the UKG students, and he has a smile that steals my heart!)
  3. Jane Clayson Johnson (who you may remember from ABC News-- she does radio work now in Boston) is here with her husband and two children, and it's been neat bonding with them :)  Her kids are young adolescents, and they're rather bright and fun to talk with!  I've noticed that Jane definitely has the voice of a broadcast journalist, and she just draws you in with the words she speaks!  
  4. I have a dear friend in London, Kofi Bentil, who connected me with one of his friends that's visiting India now!  His friend's name is Marcus and he's here with his wife.  Marcus called me this evening and it looks like we will be able to meet and go out for a meal or something!  This is a rather fun connection since Marcus and I both have a lot of respect for Kofi, and Marcus is originally from India!  There is so much I could say here, but I'm really looking forward to meeting Marcus and Sally :)
  5. Dr. Maina Singh (Resident Scholar, American University-- Scholar in Residence School of International Service); wife of a pervious Indian Ambassador for the United States) visited the Rising Star Outreach of India campus today and spoke in a forum setting.  We learned about Contemporary India, and tomorrow she will address us concerning Gender and Society.  It was rather fascinating to learn from this prestigious woman!  I'm looking forward to her address tomorrow :)

Since I'm a fan of odd numbers, I am satisfied with five points ;)  I'll try to be more creative with my writing tomorrow!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

The Sparks

Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!