We Pray For Rain


The drought in Southern India is fairly severe.  Places that should be filled with water have very little evidence of having ever contained water before.  We were supposed to have our monsoon season by now... but the time seems to have come and gone with very little drops from the sky.  Tonight though, we have been receiving a plethora of rain! 

As I ate dinner with the students tonight, one of them got my attention and said, "I have been praying to God for rain.  Today He has answered my prayers."  A few other students said similar things, and it filled my heart with joy.  Yes, He has answered our prayers tonight.  It would take many days and nights like this to pull us from the drought, but every drop of rain is treasured!  Tonight, we will surely sleep with hearts of gratitude.  (This all reminds me of a great Julie de Azevedo song titled "Pray For Rain".  I love that song!  Look it up.  Or come hang out with me when I get home and I'll introduce you to it!)

I tried to capture the rain in these photos :)  Just know that it's pouring!  Also, our room floods every time it rains (which has been a rarity)!  Oh well :)






I'm standing in a puddle here-- it's hard to tell, haha


And here's sweet little Joylin and me before the rainstorm hit!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

The Sparks

Faces, Hearts and Souls