When Will You Get Married?



Arranged marriages are fairly common in India.  Because of this, it can be difficult for the people here to understand what the dating life is like in the States, let alone in Utah!  I have become good friends with a lot of the staff here at RSOI, some of them being single men around my age.  Today, we had several conversations about marriage, and more than once they asked me, "When will you get married?"  haha.  If only I knew... if only I knew!

I am not bitter about the fact that I am not married yet.  Have I ever been sad about my single status?  Absolutely!  It's funny how an arranged marriage can seem tempting at times, haha.  Do I wish that I were already married?  Yes.... and no.  Sometimes I really think it would be nice to be with someone like a husband and wife are together-- caring for each other and loving each other.  But on the flip side, I have experienced some INCREDIBLE things during the recent years that I know wouldn't have been possible if I were married.  I am not going to say that my single life is better than if I had a married life already... But I'm also not going to say that a married life for me already would be better than the single life I've been leading!

I am happy.  I am healthy.  I am strong.  I am driven.  I am talented.  I am grounded.  I am educated.  I am innovated.  I am awesome.  I really am-- and I don't mean this in a conceited way!  I mean this in the sense that I am confident with where I stand right now.  Am I purposely delaying marriage or putting it off?  No.  But I'm not going to put my life on hold for a potential husband to come along.  I like to think that my future husband will be one lucky man to have me-- but I also plan to be a lucky woman with whoever I choose to marry!  I'm not settling.

So when will I get married?  I really don't know!  But I intend to keep holding out for whatever God has in store for me-- whether it means there's a marriage in my mortal future or not.

In these fotos are Charles, Mr. Johnson, and Vadivel :)


As for a few more happy tidbits from my day...

I got to hang out with many members of the Indian Board for RSOI!  I didn't attend their Board Meeting, but I did hang around during their meeting with Charles, Vadivel, and Mr. Johnson!  After the meeting we had lunch with all of the board members, and it was lovely :)



This is Rachel-- my Indian Me! :)

I also got to meet my new friends Marcus and Sally for "Tea Time", which ended up being an early dinner :)  I am so grateful that our friend Kofi connected us with one another!  And happy birthday again to Sally-- It's an honor that she would share part of her special day with a stranger like me!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

The Sparks

Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!