With All Sincerity



It all happens so quickly... Or so it seems.  One moment you're just you... And the next, you're still you... but different.  But this change doesn't just happen in an instant.  Sure, the event of baptism takes place in a fairly short amount of time, but the process of conversion is an ongoing experience.

My dear friend Ambica entered the waters of baptism today!  It was a beautiful service-- short, but sincere.  The feeling of the service matched perfectly with Ambica's intent to follow Christ.  A little over a week ago her Elders asked me if I would schedule a time to talk with Ambica about prayer.  (She is a house mother at RSOI, so it's easy for me to meet with her here.)  The night we studied prayer together was a spiritual experience.  I had asked my friend B to help me come up with some good questions to ask during the discussion (she has a gift for asking inspired questions!), and those questions really helped the flow!  It didn't take long for me to recognize how sincere Ambica's desire to follow Christ is.  Her gratitude for her Savior is obvious.  She went from following the Hindu beliefs in numerous gods to recognizing that she has a Redeemer, and that she is a literal daughter of Heavenly Parents.

I am so grateful for Ambica's example and for her love of Jesus Christ.  I can already see how she is going to bring many others to the fulness of the gospel, especially with the way she interacts with students at RSOI.



In this photo are Ambica's elders, the young man who baptized her (Joseph Stalin is his name-- no joke!), Kala (a teacher and house mother from RSOI) and several girls from RSOI :)

My younger sister, Sarah, gave me this necklace before I came to India with the instructions to keep one piece and to give the other part to someone here.  Today I found that someone.  I had the honor of presenting Sarah's gift to Ambica right before she got baptized :)  She wore the necklace after the ordinance.  I gave her the one with the Young Women values on it since she is so excited about working on her Personal Progress booklet.  Thank you Sarah!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

The Sparks

Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!