"I will make you an Indian girl!"



After skillfully wrapping me in a saree (and patiently watching me attempt the wrapping during certain steps in the process), Kavitha asked me how I would do my hair.  Since I had showered about an hour before and my hair was still a little damp, I didn't really know...  With my indecisive response, she offered to do my hair.  I accepted the offer!

"I will make you an Indian girl!"

Kavitha fixed my hair in a traditional manner that the women in India often do when wearing a saree. She then offered me her necklace and bangles so that my jewelry fit with the look.  I also wore the earrings I received from one of my students, Tamilselvi.  After placing a bindi on my forehead, she selected a flower from the tree in the Elephant House and clipped it in my hair.  She did it-- she made me an Indian girl!  I felt beautiful.  And to make things even more fun, it was Friendship Day today, so in a way all of this was Kavitha's gift to me for this special day!

Church services were exceptionally meaningful to me today.  After sharing my testimony in the Fast and Testimony Meeting, I was so impressed to see nearly every student from RSO share their testimonies as well!  Many of them are not baptized yet.  I loved how everyone in the branch wished each other a Happy Friendship Day, and even included this in their testimonies.  It felt like a family.  I am going to miss this branch immensely, just like I miss the branches and wards from my mission!  I thank God for the opportunity I had to join this branch for the summer, to be a part of this family.



Meet the Branch President of the 1st Branch in Chennai, President J. John Edison








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!

The Sparks