When the Train Whistle Blows!

 

There's something magical about being able to ride a train with the doors wide open and the wind in your face.  I rode trains countless times on my mission in Hungary, and although I loved each of those train rides, this one was different!  Even when we walked onto the platform I could see people hanging out of the doorways of each train car as a train approached its stop.  My mother has always advised me to be safe, and I do my best to follow her counsel!  So it was funny to me when I saw a note on the train warning us of the punishments for those who choose to ride ON TOP of the train!  I didn't see anyone do this though, and I knew that this was not an option, haha.  Periodically though, I would wrap my legs around the bar in the doorway and cling to it with my hands so I could get a good look outside.  The world was so exciting!  Of course, everything I saw looked like India, yet everything seems better when your whisking by on a train.

We took the train from Guduvanchery to Chengalpattu, and from there we had a driver take us to Mamallapuram for the afternoon.  And by "we", I mean Kavitha (one of my dear Indian friends from RSOI) and Natalie (one of the facilitators for the visiting sponsors).  In Mamallapuram we did some shopping, visited the beach, and introduced Kavitha to her very first fried ice cream!

It was a Saturday well spent :)















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!

The Sparks