Good Morning :) காலை வணக்கம்/Kālai vaṇakkam


From eating with my hands to successfully using a squat toilet, today was a rich day!  I met most of the Rising Star staff, including the wonderful Dr. Susan, and I was even taken on a tour of the campus by my good friend, Carrie Scott!  I didn't think she would still be here when I arrived, yet she was ready to greet me with a smile and a hug when I saw her!  Although we only had a few hours together before she had to leave (she's headed home to the US this week), she very kindly and skillfully showed me the ropes of Rising Star.  If you know me, you understand that I can be a human of many questions... Thank you, Carrie, for your patience!  I still have much to learn, but she definitely helped me get off to a good start.


The sounds of India have continued to surprise me and fill me with joy.  I am not a fan of bugs, yet I find it quite soothing to listen to the chirping and clicking conversations of the critters (how's that for alliteration?!)  My favorite sounds, though, are the birds.  As I wander through groves of mango trees and down the dirt paths of campus, my ears are often filled with the sounds of birds sharing their songs accompanied by the rush of flapping wings.  Although I cannot see all of the birds I hear, I can imagine that they are glorious!  A crow (or was it a raven?) even joined Carrie and me for lunch.  He boldly perched in the dining hall with his beak gapping open, and he openly shared his song throughout the meal.


I am surrounded by beauty here.  Although there were no grand adventures today, I feel blessed to have soaked up the sights and sounds of campus, and I look forward to doing so throughout the summer!














   

   










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

The Sparks

Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!