Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!

I stepped out of the airport late Sunday night to be greeted by the warm air and friendly faces of India.  Although the night sky made my surroundings dark, I knew that I had just landed in a magical land.  My driver, Vel, and I traveled the busy streets of Chennai to the music of melodious car horns.  I was amazed by the skillful driving of the many bikes, cars, trucks, and the darling tuk tuks!  Sleeping cows lined the streets as we neared the Rising Star campus.  Once we entered the campus grounds, Vel led me down a stoney path surrounded by dark images that I made out to be flowers and bushes.  Ducking under a mango tree, I came to see the Elephant House, complete with an elephant statue at the top of the steps.  We entered the doors of the Elephant House and walked through the dimly lit courtyard to my new room-- the Parakeet Room.  Vel quickly pointed out the ladies washroom and where the safe drinking water is, and then bid farewell for the night.

Although it was very late and I was exhausted from my travels, my mind was excited and eager to explore more of the campus and to meet more people!  Alas, it wasn't the appropriate time for either of those activities.  As I got ready for bed, I was welcomed to the sinks by a cute pair of tiny frogs, and then a pale gecko was my doorman to the toilet.  I admit, I was very skittish as I met each of these critters!  Once I felt safe and sound in my sweet little Parakeet room, I slipped into bed and thanked God for my safe travels and for the exciting new opportunities before me.  This is it-- this is where I will be spending my summer as a Life Coach and Dance Master for Promethean Spark International!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

The Sparks