Faces, Hearts and Souls


I never learned all of the names of my students.  I wish I knew all of them... but I struggled to get them.  But what I did learn is to recognize the faces of my precious children... to handle their hearts with love and to allow them into my own heart... and to connect with their souls.  

The students at Rising Star Outreach are inspiring, glorious, priceless, and much more.  I can't believe that today was my last day with them... I feel as though the van that is about to take me away is just going to bring me right back after some unknown, random errand.  But it won't.  It will take me away.  It will take me to an airport where I will board a plan and travel for the course of a day and a half to a land 8,000 miles away.  Will it feel like a dream?  Will my students remember me?  Will I remember them?!  Yes.  I will remember them.  I will always remember their faces and the way it felt to be in their presence.

One of my dear friends on campus, Mr. Johnson, said something beautiful to me.  "We will not miss you," he began.  "We will remember you.  For if we do not remember you, that is when we will miss you."  So in the similar spirit of Mr. Johnson, I will remember my students.  I will remember the staff of RSOI.  I will remember the experiences.  I will remember.

UKG
(Class on Monday)

8th STD
(Class on Monday)

7 STD
(Class on Monday)

5th STD
(Class on Monday)

6th STD
(Class on Tuesday)

9th STD
(Class on Tuesday)

3rd STD
(Class on Tuesday-- and my craziest class, haha)

10th STD
(Class on Tuesday-- some students not pictured because they were at a special sporting event)

1st STD
(Class on Wednesday)

2nd STD
(Class on Wednesday)

4th STD
(Class on Wednesday)

Flowers from the students in 4th STD after our last class together.  

Life Dance Troupe
(Class Monday - Friday)

Members of LDT again :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I wish I had pictures of all of the house mothers, teachers, cleaners, administrators, and all other types of employees at RSOI!  But here are some that I do have:

Uma
Teacher

Rajakumari
Teacher

Teacher

Charles and Vadivel
Friends from the office :)

Bharathi and Kala
Bharathi-- Librarian and House Mother; Kala-- Teacher and House Mother

Ms Annie, Dr. Joseph, Joylin, and Baby Jessica
The family from the Elephant House :)  (Both parents are valuable employees in the office)

Theresa
House Mother

Driver
(His name is really hard to spell, so I will need to look it up later!)

Prianka
House Mother

Vadivel (again!)
Executive Assistant, and Safety Officer

Nagavalli
Cleaner

Gracy
Hostel Warden

Medical Team :)
Quick shout out to the medical team!  I worked with them on several different occasions, and I must tell you:  they are amazing!  They are efficient with their work, and they do a thorough job taking care of the residents in the leprosy colonies.  I feel very humbled to have had the opportunity to work along side them.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thank You

The Sparks

Hello India! வணக்கம்/ Vanakkam!